I am a Reader in Computer Science at the University of St Andrews, interested in making state of the art programming language techniques accessible to sofware developers and practitioners. This involves type theory, dependently typed functional programming, compilers and metaprogramming. I am currently working on a new implementation of Idris, a dependently typed functional programming language.
When I’m not doing that, you might find me playing Go (I’m about 2 kyu), walking up a hill, watching a game of cricket, or waiting for a delayed train. I’m afraid I also perpetrated the Whitespace programming language.
I might also write some posts occasionally, but probably not very often.
- Idris 2: Quantitative Type Theory in Practice, Edwin Brady, In ECOOP 2021
- European Conference on Programming (ECOOP 2022)
- Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS) 2021
- OOPSLA 2021
- Haskell Symposium 2021
- Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL) 2021
- Trends in Functional Programming in Education (TFPIE) 2021
- Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL) 2021
- Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS) 2020
- International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP) 2020
- Functional and Logic Programming (FLOPS) 2020
- Trends in Functional Programming (TFP) 2020
- Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics (CICM) 2019 (Calculemus track chair)
- RADICAL 2019
- ML workshop 2019
- Type-driven Development (TyDe) 2019
- META 2019
- Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL) 2019
- Scala Symposium 2019
- Editorial board of the Journal of Functional Programming