I am a Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of St Andrews, interested in type theory, dependently typed functional programming, compilers and metaprogramming. I am currently working on a new implementation of Idris, a dependently typed functional programming language.
When I’m not doing that, you might find me playing Go (I’m about 2 kyu), walking up a hill, watching a game of cricket, or waiting for a delayed train. I’m afraid I also perpetrated the Whitespace programming language.
I might also write some posts occasionally, but probably not very often.
- Idris 2: Quantitative Type Theory in Practice, Edwin Brady, To appear in ECOOP 2021
- OOPSLA 2021
- Haskell Symposium 2021
- Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL) 2021
- Trends in Functional Programming in Education (TFPIE) 2021
- Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL) 2021
- Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems (APLAS) 2020
- International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP) 2020
- Functional and Logic Programming (FLOPS) 2020
- Trends in Functional Programming (TFP) 2020
- Conference on Intelligent Computer Mathematics (CICM) 2019 (Calculemus track chair)
- RADICAL 2019
- ML workshop 2019
- Type-driven Development (TyDe) 2019
- META 2019
- Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL) 2019
- Scala Symposium 2019
- Editorial board of the Journal of Functional Programming